Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Paris Fashion Week Spring/Summer 2011 Pt 5: One Degree of Separation - Stella McCartney, Celine & Chloe


Not too hard to see the connection between the three designers featured here (in chronological order to their connection too):

Stella McCartney


With lemons and grapefruit, Stella McCartney showed a fresh easy breezy collection, which still featured strong tailoring, slightly softened this season in a palette of faded pastels like rose, pistachio, and light blue. I particularly liked the double-breasted backless vests: casual, effortless and elegant all in one:








Celine

Phoebe Philo continued her 'sparse' with a sporty casual feel using mostly white, ivory and other pale shades, as well as quilting, raw canvas and denim:









Chloe

Hannah McGibbon's Chloe girl looked like she was on her way to dance rehearsal with breezy light plissed skirts with a plain bodysuit. This SS'11 collection still had a 'pared down' look, and my favourite pieces were the draped and plissed dresses:






style.com

5 comments:

  1. Gorgeous pieces from Chloe!
    Did you buy any t-shirt from style.com (for their 10th birthday)?
    Also what did you think of the Stella McCartney collection for Target part deux?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi!

    No! I didn't know about the Chloe 10th bday t-shirt! DOH! And I only found out about Stella's 2nd Target collection today (I must be in serious 'baby' mode - totally out of the loop!). I do like several pieces already, although we shall soon see if it looks as good IRL as it does online...I already have too many items on my 'wishlist'. Also, last time I bought all my pieces full price, only to see them later reduced to ridiculous prices (boo hoo!), so I'm not sure if I should rush in to buy, or to wait and see if they go on sale...Hmmm...

    :)
    CC

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Chloé and Stella! So chic xxx

    www.fashiondevotion.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's my current dilemma also. I don't know about you but I thought Stella pour Target part une was a bit meh. But then again I do like more of structured pieces than floaty pieces. This upcoming collection is right up my alley. I hope they'll use more substantial fabric to match the Country Road like prices...

    ReplyDelete
  5. lusting so many of these pieces!! Obsessing over the blue pieces at Stella McCartney!

    www.lovelywanderlust.com

    ReplyDelete